The master bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the average home. This is the room in which you can attempt to shut out the rest of the world in favor of a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. In order to further the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere that most of us hope our master bedrooms will foster you should elect to decorate in colors and a design style that will promotes the very atmosphere you are hoping to achieve.
If you need some great ideas and inspiration for your master bedroom, then perhaps the following advice will give you the kick-start you need.
1) Wall color. In a bedroom you really want colors that are conducive to sleep and easing you into morning. For this reason you do not want harsh or bright colors in your bedroom. Pastels and earth tones work great. Lighter colors create a more restful atmosphere and should be considered strongly over darker colors.
2) Furnishings. You should insure that you have enough furniture to provide proper storage in your bedroom and to prevent cluttered surfaces. At the same time you also want to avoid overcrowding the room with too much furniture, which can make the room seem oppressively small. Lighter colors and stains for furniture are also preferable if you wish your room to appear more spacious than it actually happens to be.
3) Mirrors. These are great for practical purposes in a Master bedroom. In addition to the practical reasons to have mirrors in this room however, they also lend the illusion of more space. You can make up for a small amount of clutter in your bedroom by using mirrors to make the room look more spacious than it actually may be.
4) Lighting. Soft lights are excellent for filling corners and furthering the allusion of more spacious quarters. Avoid harsh overhead lighting in order to prevent shadows from filling the corners and making the room seem small.
5) Windows. The larger the windows in your bedroom the better. These allow light to stream into the room. Remember that light is very important and windows allow natural light to filter into the room. Make sure however, that the window coverings in your bedroom arent so dark that they stifle the light and make the room look smaller rather than larger.
The hope is that these tips will give the necessary boost for your inspiration needs when it comes to decorating your master bedroom. It is also important to get the input and advice of your partner as this will also be his or her room as well as your own. By following the tips above and combining them with a little bit of your own creativity you should be able to portray the serene atmosphere you are hoping to create in your master bedroom.